What We Do
The Re:Imagine Jamaica Project, established in August 2012, is nation brand think tank committed to advancing global knowledge and understanding of Jamaica by advocating for the promotion of Jamaica’s credentials in business, the arts, science and technology, culture, education and sport. We aim to unearth new perspectives and produce new narratives in order to tell a more complete and complex story about Jamaica.
Specifically, we aim to tell the story of Jamaica through the accomplishments of its citizens at home, and in the Diaspora; in so doing, we hope to position the Jamaican people as a core expression of Jamaican identity in the global arena.
To carry out our work, we adopt a five pronged approach:
- To undertake systematic evaluation of the Jamaican national brand through research and analysis.
- To raise awareness about Jamaican credentials internationally, and deepen understanding among global publics about what Jamaica has to offer to garner greater investment interest.
- To promote pride and patriotism at home through various campaigns at home.
- To contribute to the mobilisation of Jamaican professionals in the Diaspora to become more fully invested in Jamaica, and return Jamaican people at the centre of the global discourse on Jamaica.
- To contribute to revised policy perspectives and action with regard to ‘Brand Jamaica’.